Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stressed OUT.

This has little to do with Aidyn and a lot to do with his rider, moi.

So I did hop on yesterday to take a little ride around the property with Katie and Jay-R. Got to use the new breastplate which doesn't quite fit correctly, or perhaps I just put it on wrong. We shall work that out at a later date. He did look quite handsome and *almost* like a real event horse. Both boys were very good in treading through the never-ending muck and seeing new parts of the farm. It was a lot of fun...beautiful day and we just laughed and acted like kids with no bills, schoolwork or stresses in our lives.

However...wake up this morning trying to recreate previously mentioned mood and failed miserably. As I have been, lately. I get to the barn and the last thing I feel like doing is riding...or getting out of the car at all. I feel thoroughly discouraged about some unknown aspect of my riding and either can't find the energy or can't find the enthusiasm to drag myself out to get him, bring his muddy self in, get him ready, ride to the barn, actually RIDE, come back, etc etc etc. It's cold and miserable almost every day and the mud is getting worse because of the constant rain and snow we're getting. I want to blame it all just on that, but I feel if I were truly dedicated a little mud and rain wouldn't bother me.

Grrrrr.

I love my horse, and I want to event again. I want to get back into this full force, the way I used to be...but how do you do that, with school all day and homework all night and church (which is going GREAT by the way) and housework and keeping up with everything else and everyone else in your life!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment