Sunday, January 24, 2010

Aidyn tackles the big scary outdoor

Saturday was "jumping day"...which basically meant Aidyn would get to trot a cross-rail or two. We warmed up in the indoor arena but due to a lesson ended up riding in the outdoor for the first time. Aidyn found the bulletin board outside of the arena to be quite scary...but once we got inside he settled in and was *very* well behaved. His canter is getting so much better...well, at least his transitions to canter are! And after "jumping day" I believe we will hold off on future experimentation until my big guy can figure out where his feet are. He was quite willing to trot over poles and flower boxes, but our first time over a cross-rail was almost disastrous...forgot what to do with his feet and I (being a dumbass) threw my shoulders forward. Hello, ground...he fell right on his face. So we composed ourselves and headed back for it..this time he "jumped" it and we ended with that.

He is just so smart and willing to try anything and everything...I really think that once the coordination is down pat, he's going to be a dynamite event horse. And he always tries to take care of me. Such a good baby Thoroughbred.

Didn't ride today due to rain and me being in a yucky mood, so Katie and I spent our time tidying up the tack boxes and cleaning our tack. I really would like to know why my bridle is already falling apart after 6 months. Guess that's one more thing to add to our ever-growing wishlist. Bridle that does not fall apart.

Along with muck boots, a new saddle, clogs, etc.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment