Friday, January 15, 2010

Aidyn has ventured into the land of the mysterious 3-beat gait...

Yes, Aidyn cantered.

First time cantering under saddle since his racetrack days. We weren't able to try it at the old barn due to the size of the arena, but today he was so forward and lovely that I decided to try it. It definately takes him maybe once or twice around the arena at a huge trot to understand that he has another gear in him...had to PUSH to get it....but what a nice, big stride he has! After the canter (which he could only hold for a few strides, but that'll come) he was so nice in the trot and offered a little acceptance of the bit. He impresses me more every day. This new barn has been such a blessing for us.

Him's gonna be a big event horse one day!

With new Tredstep half-chaps in the mail, I've already turned my attention (and empty wallet) to the next order of business, a new helmet. I currently have my gross Troxel with the Dial-Fit system (which I recently learned is actually dangerous)...and so...I have decided that with the sale of Faderlou (which is hopefully in the near future) I shall reward myself with a Charles Owen Jr8 helmet. The next purchase after that will *hopefully* be my new saddle, which is going to be my graduation present from my wonderful boyfriend and my parents. But we are getting ahead of ourselves.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment