Thursday, March 3, 2011

Catching up a bit...

Tuesday:
Today was Day Two of roping Aidyn to strengthen his hind end. I got the honors, which always makes me nervous immediately because each time I lunge him I don’t’ seem to have good results. It was made perfectly obvious today that my horse has no respect for me whatsoever. He plunked around the circle for ten minutes ignoring me until C came out to the ring, and almost immediately he surged forward into an energetic trot. After five more minutes C took the line and Aidyn was like 100% better. He was paying attention, going forward and bending. The SECOND I took the line back he went back to plunking. C would raise the whip and he would go forward immediately, but I could literally snap the whip at him and he just looked at me and continued plodding along. I was so frustrated. :-/ And had myself completely convinced by the time C came out that he was hurting and that was why he “couldn’t” go forward. C said I’m crazy and that he’s fine…I swear I see something off behind, but I think I’m just trying to make excuses or something. I don’t know. I do know that I’m frustrated. I have to make him pay attention to me and move out when I ask. I have to be more firm and be the boss mare. Tomorrow is a new day, I just pray I’m not wrong and that he really ISN’T in pain and is just lazy. Urg…really wasn’t a good day in general, I am feeling quite anxious right now and just want to go to sleep. So I think I will. :)

Wednesday:
Tried lunging on my own again, with a determined expression that said "Don't mess with me"...which Aidyn merely laughed at and started plodding along with his ears sideways. I got so mad and chased after him with the lunge whip, which made him buck and aim right for my head. Prick. I did manage to get him going forward but it took the full 20 minutes. At least I got something for my effort..I was sweating more than him at the end, which is sad since he has his full winter coat. Oh well, progress is progress, right? At least he looked pretty strong behind and there wasn't much tripping!

Thursday:
Aidyn had the day off today, tomorrow he gets his second dose of Adequan and new shoes, so hopefully both of those things will improve his work this weekend!
God Bless,
Ry

No comments:

Post a Comment