Monday, February 1, 2010

Kids and Horses

Aidyn has recently started showing clear signs that he is not actually a horse, but rather a bratty 3 y/o child.

Since we started pasture boarding, he is turned out in a huge field with Jay, Helix, Smoke, Stormy, Jamie, and Lady Di. Before what I will call the "transformation", he was happy to see me and always stood for me to catch him. Since the transformation, he has become one of THEM. He now does what the herd tells him to do. Which is, namely, run away from Mommy as fast as you can.

This behavior has persisted for several days now, but today was the worst. Katie and I trudged out to change blankets. Jay was caught fairly easily, led in, and fixed up. On the way back to the pasture to grab Aidyn, we noticed a buffalo-like creature galloping up the huge steep hill in the mud. Well, that buffalo-like creature was, you guessed it, Aidyn.

We walked all the way up the hill. This hill is seriously like a mile long and really, really steep. Even our rain boots couldn't get traction on the slippery mud. When we finally reached the top, halter in hand and peppermint at the ready, we were virtually attacked by Stormy and Helix...Helix because she wanted the candy and Stormy because he rules all creation. We finally got to Aidyn, who was ready to take off AGAIN until he heard the crinkling of the peppermint wrapper. Ah ha, caught! Until he refused to come DOWN the hill so I could fix his blankets.

My horse has become very similar to a child after a few days at school. He has decided that his new "friends" know better than his mother does, and he is going to run from me to gain their approval. Hahaha. Okay, I'm done laughing.

Big Jerk. Maybe he just likes to watch me struggling in the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment